senior criminal defence lawyer
Calvin is a Criminal Lawyer with over sixteen years as a Senior Crown Attorney, has appeared as a Criminal Prosecutor at all levels of Trial Court, and has Prosecuted many high-profile cases including more than sixty jury trials. Calvin has practiced in the area of Criminal Law and Regulatory Offences since October of 2004, accruing over thirty years experience in the profession.
Telephone: 416-364-1224 ex. 20
1986-1987 – Gardiner, Roberts, Barristers & Solicitor Articles of Clerkship – full service, Bay Street Law Firm
1983-1988 – Provincial Prosecutor, Ministry of the Attorney General – prosecuting Provincial Statutes at Old City Hall Courts
1988-1998 – Assistant Crown Attorney, Ministry of the Attorney General – prosecuting matters at all levels of trial court.
1998-2004 – Senior Crown Attorney, Ministry of the Attorney General – prosecuting matters at all levels of trial court.
2004-Present – Criminal Defence Lawyer – prosecuting matters at all levels of trial court.
- Director of the Board of the Ontario Crown Attorney’s Association (1990-2000)
- Treasurer of the Ontario Crown Attorney’s Association (1994-1995)
- Executive member Canadian Bar Association – Criminal Law Section
- Committee Member – Mayor’s Task Force on Drugs
- Lecturer Osgoode Hall Trial Advocacy Workshop
- Lecturer Bar Admission Course, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Chair Person, 50th Anniversary of the Ontario Crown Attorney’s system
- Director, Ontario Crown Attorney’s Association
- Lecturer Metropolitan Toronto Police Hold-up Squad
- Guest Lecturer at Colleges, Universities and High Schools throughout Ontario
- Lecturer Department of Justice prosecutors
- Lecturer Provincial Prosecutors of Ontario
- Panel on Hiring of Provincial Prosecutors
- Resource Person, Metropolitan Toronto Police, Special Investigative Services
- Mentor, Osgoode Hall Law School, Criminal Intensive Programme
- Spokesperson, Osgoode Hall Law School Articling Recruitment Day
- Autism Speaks
- Alzheimer Society of Canada
- Heart and Stroke Foundation
- Sick Kids
- Thunder Bay Regional Sciences Hospital
- Lakehead University Annual Scholarship
- Chief of Police Gala
- Andy Potts Memorial Foundation
- Feed the Hungry
Criminal Law Practice Areas
Toronto DUI Lawyers
Have been charged with impaired driving in Toronto? Calvin Barry and his team of Toronto DUI lawyers have successfully defended numerous cases involving drinking and driving allegations. Our criminal defence law firm has extensive experience in this area of law specifically.
If you are charged with domestic assault, do not plead guilty before you consult with a lawyer at our firm. Calvin Barry and his team have successfully defended numerous cases involving domestic assault and have experience in this area of law.
Have you been charged with sexual assault, sexual interference or other sexual related offences? The criminal defence lawyers at Calvin Barry Professional Corporation can help. We have extensive experience with this area of law.
If you are facing charges of a violent crime, you should seek the advice of our criminal lawyers immediately. These offences can carry severe penalties and you need to ensure that your rights are protected. We have represented clients with a broad variety of violent crime charges successfully.
If you are charged with a drug related offence do not plead guilty before you consult with one of our lawyers. We understand that all criminal allegations are serious to the person charged, and at Calvin Barry Professional Corporation, we have successfully defended numerous types of drug offences under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
Calvin Barry and his team have successfully represented individuals charged with various types of fraud, and fraud related offences. Fraud is committed when one, by deceit, falsehood or other fraudulent means, defrauds the public or a person of any property, money, valuable security or any service.
Reviews From Our Clients
The Latest From Our Criminal Law Blog
The first DUI offence involving an electric scooter was successfully prosecuted by the City Attorney’s office in Toronto in 2020 wherein a 64-year-old pedestrian was knocked over by a 28-year-old man who was riding an electric scooter while having a blood alcohol level that is three times more than the legal limit. The electric scooter’s rider was sentenced to 36 months of probation, ordered to pay restitution, fined $550, and was required to complete a DUI program upon conviction.
Under the Canadian Criminal Code, DUI offences are characterized as serious criminal offences and as such, can have significant effects on immigrants in Canada as well as people who are seeking Canadian citizenship. In fact, people who are permanent residents in Canada can face deportation as well as a change in status if they are convicted of a DUI.
The majority of households in Canada own a pet. For people who own a pet, they feel that their pets are part of their family. The pets are there when they wake up, when they start their day, and as part of their daily routine. Since a lot of people already have a life that includes details related to caring for their pets, why not just bring their pets to work?
Contact Calvin Barry Today.
Contact an experienced criminal defence lawyer to fight for your case.